2012年4月26日木曜日

???????Bad Video Card?

I've been having problems with my laptop and I believe its a bad video card. I bought the laptop about a year ago and I've been using an external monitor via a docking station exclusively.



Model HP Pavilion dv6900

Card: NVIDIA® GeForce™ 8400M GS



I get a messed up view with multiple screen even in the BIOS which is leading me to believe its the video card.

Attached is the screen shot.



http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/Z…|||This does look hardware-related to me, but I'd recommend first trying to update your BIOS (link below). I've seen BIOS updates fix some weird video problems before, and since you don't have artifacts on the screen that I can see (just repeating picture), it's possible that the BIOS update could fix it.



Another problem might be your RAM. Since the 8400 GS uses shared memory, the computer RAM could be an issue. If you have two DIMMs (memory modules), you might try removing one at a time (with the computer OFF), to see if you can trace the problem to one or the other.



If it's not one of these two problems, you're probably looking at a bad video card, which is soldered to your computer's mainboard. Hopefully it's still under warranty!|||Well, it's not a virus, it very well might be a video card. if it's still under warrenty then have hp take care of it. You won't be able to fix this on oyur own. your video card is soldered to the mothebroard and can't be replaced. the entire board mst be replaced in order to fix this problem. so this is why you should have hp do it. Hope this helps|||im pretty sure its the video card. some cards cant handle 2 monitors`.how did u even do that

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿