2012年4月26日木曜日

Multiple Video Cards?

I just ordered a PC from Cyberpower and I have a question about this option they had.



"Multiple Video Card Settings"

1. Xtreme Performance in SLI/CrossFireX Gaming Mode Supports Single Monitor

2. Non-SLI/Non-CrossFireX Mode Supports Multiple Monitors



At the moment I only have ONE video card so I chose the second option. But in the future I definitely feel like I'll be getting a second card. Does that mean I should have selected the first option? Can I switch this when I get my second video card? Will the performance never be as good if I didn't select the first option when I get the second card?



I only have one monitor and am not getting another monitor, so sli seems like a good idea when my one card slows down, so I wanted to be safe, but I don't know now if I will with this option.



Please please help, I will choose best answer quickly and well. Thank You!|||It doesn't matter which option you pick if you have 1 card. It's like asking if you should stack some wooden blocks or put them side-by-side, but you only have 1 block.



The motherboard should come with an SLI or Crossfire bridge but I don't know if Cyberpower will include that. If not, you'll need to get one but they aren't too expensive. You did get an SLI or CrossFire ready motherboard right?



http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLis…

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…|||Any, well should I say, most video cards can support multiple monitors anyway. I dont know how familiar you are with CrossFire or SLI setups. Its basically RAID for video cards. Take two 1024 graphics cards and chain them into a 2048 beast.. But, I digress



Here is a great example of crossfire



http://www.legitreviews.com/images/revie…



Now, if you didn't get it now, not a big deal. Chances are the mobo can support it if you want to add it later. The only thing you need to look for is can the video card that is in there now support crossfire or SLI if its an NVIDIA card. This means if you add another just like it, can you jumper the two together. The software does all the configuration to chain the GPUs (Graphics Processing Units) together so its very simple to set up.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿