2012年4月26日木曜日

Do I need another video card to use multiple monitors?

I have been trying pretty much everything to get multiple monitors to work on my computer. I am using windows xp and nothing seems to work. I have a nVidia GeForce FX5200 Video Card and an updated driver. Do I need a second video card to make it work? I have both screens plugged in but one does not have any video input. I have gone through all the settings and tried to get it to work, but nothing does work. When I plug in my second monitor nothing happens, at all. It is like I never plugged it in. Is it possible that the port is shut off? If so, how can I turn on that port? Both the ports that my screens are plugged into are blue, and one has an S-Video input also. Please use lots and lots of detail in your answer. I have tried almost everything. Thanks!|||You need to enable one of the two options below. First I'll give you the options, then I'll give you the steps, although, they may vary slightly, as all driver versions word things slightly different:



Options:



1) Use the second monitor as a mirror of the first. Both will display the exact same thing. This is called Cloning.



2) Apart from cloning, you can utilize "Duel View." This enables you to extend your desktop to the second monitor to enable you to drag windows over to that monitor.



Below are the steps, however the wording may vary slighty depending on your driver version:



1) Navigate to : START. . . .CONTROL PANEL. . . DISPLAY



2) Go to the "Settings" tab on the top. Click the button "Advanced Settings"



3) Go to the "GeForce" tab. A new window should appear, with menu's on the left.



4) Click the "nView" option



5) Choose your desired option. Duel View, or Clone.



6) Choose which monitor you want as primary right below. Your primary display will be where your start menu is.



7) Hit OK out of all the menu's.



Note: If you utilize duel view, you can correct the location of your monitors by repeating step 1, then going to Settings tab. You'll see an image of your two monitors on the top. Drag them to the exact location that they are supposed to be in. ( Which one is on the left, and which one is on the right ) So that your mouse moves in the correct direction.



have fun.|||Okay I am not totally sure but i think that you have to have intel GMA on laptops Laptop Directions:right click on desktop background go to properties and click on use multiple display|||check the input on the moniter that isn't working

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿