2012年4月26日木曜日

Running Multiple monitors (x3)?

I couldnt find much info about running multiple monitors online. I would like to run 3 monitors and run games on them. My problem is that im not sure if i would go with 3 of the same monitors (same size) or maybe one middle 22inch and two 19inch on each site. Whats better? Also i want to know what resolution should i look for in the monitor. Right now I have one 22inch acer res 1680 by 1050. I'm guessing that it would be best to have the same pixel height with all 3 monitors.



The video card I'm running right now is the Nvidia 9600GT. I know I'm going to maybe need something better. Should I buy another 9600GT and run them in SLI or should i get two 9800GTXs. I would go for 2 GTXs but they are out of my price range right now.



Thanks for any feedback.|||If you want three monitors then you are going to need three video outputs. Most graphics cards can handle two, so you will need a second video card.



I do not believe that you want to run in SLI mode. That allows the two GPUs to work together to produce a better single monitor image. But having the same video card is a good idea as different cards will need different drivers which may not play nicely together.



Finally I would check to see if the games you want to play actually support multiple monitors. It would be a drag to spend the $$$ on new video cards and new monitors just to discover that they go black when you start your game up.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿