2012年4月27日金曜日

DVI cable splitter, using multiple monitors?

I want to get a video card with 4 DVI ports on it (allowing me to use 4 monitors at the same time). If I wanted to add 2 more monitors, would I need another video card or could I use a DVI cable splitter (the kind that looks like a "Y") to allow for more monitor connections? When I try to think about it, I would guess that the split cable would have the same image showing up on both monitors; is that what would happen?|||The easiest way to drive 6 monitors would be to use an ATI Crossfire motherboard (such as an Intel X58, P45, X48, X38) and put two ATI HD5750 video cards on it.



Each ATI HD5750 can drive up to 3 monitors independently. http://www.amd.com/us/products/technolog…|||Yes, that's what would happen. You need to buy another video card or two, if you want to have separate images on each. If you don't need that and just want a copy to view on another monitor, then you can buy a DVI splitter/amp. I don't know where you can buy them, but I have worked with them.|||In a nutshell...yes, same image on both, you need another video card, I also suggest a 64 bit OS, Windows x86 doesn't like too much video memory, it has issues mapping the resources.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿