2012年4月26日木曜日

How can you tell whether a video card supports dual monitors?

I have a computer with integrated graphics. I want to have a dual monitor setup, and I'm looking at purchasing the following video card (Sapphire Radeon HD 4670) and plugging both monitors into it:



http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=AT-4670HDM#



This card is like many other cards that I've researched. This particular card has 3 output ports on the back: VGA, HDMI, and DVI. They can be seen in the product photos.



Is it possible to hook two monitors into this one card? Because it has 3 ports, is it possible to hook up 3 monitors to it?



My computer is such that if you add a separate graphics card, it disables the built-in integrated graphics. My first attempt to create a 2 monitor setup was to salvage an old graphics card and plug the 1st monitor into the integrated graphics port on the motherboard and plug the 2nd into the graphics card. Unfortunately, only the 2nd monitor worked, while the 1st was inactive.



I noticed lots of video cards on the market today have multiple output ports in the back. If a card, whether it's the one I'm considering above or any other one, has multiple output ports, does that mean that you can attach 2 or more monitors to it?|||it should support dual monitor but i bet its only through dvi and hdmi and not vga . i doubt it can handle three monitors though. its hard for me to give a good answer bc most cards have dual dvi outputs and they always support dual monitors

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿