2012年4月26日木曜日

Setup multiple monitors on one video port?

My computer is one of the little bitty desktops and it doesn't have room for a video card with multiple ports on it so I was wondering if there were any adapters or something that you can buy that will allow you to set up multiple monitors on one video port. I would want an actual multiple monitor setup not just two monitors with the same picture on both. I haven't heard of any adapters that can do this but I haven't really looked that hard because I don't really know where to look to find one if they do exist.|||They do exist (External USB video cards and the Matrox Dualhead2go or Triplehead2go boxes), but the results I feel don't justify the amount of money you would have to spend.



External USB video cards are extremely SLOW due to the limited bandwidth of USB. They also have limited resolutions and can be unstable.



The Matrox Dualhead2go and Triplehead2go boxes cost $300+, and also have limited resolutions.



I think your best option is to just get a new computer that can support multiple monitors, rather than spend money on an external USB video card or Matrox box and get unsatisfactory results.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿