2012年4月26日木曜日

What's a good video card for multiple 1080p displays?

I've been using an EVGA Nvidia GeForce 9800GT for desktop graphics since 2008 on a 1080p Samsung SyncMaster 27" TV monitor. It's worked great. I don't do any intense gaming or anything like that. I recently bought a Samsung 46" 120hz LED TV that I would like to play movies through off my computer versus dealing with streaming through other devices. Upon connecting it and trying to have it as an extended desktop, the computer crashed instantly. I wasn't surprised. Since then, I've been able to have it connected as an alternate monitor that I can switch over to with a few clicks. This works better, but it still freezes up on occasion. I thought this was weird because the monitors are the same resolution, just different sizes, refresh rates, and contrast ratios. Does that make a difference? Either way, I'm looking for an upgrade. I mentioned earlier that I don't really game, so I don't need anything top-of-the-line to get the job done. I was thinking of something along the Gtx 400 series. I don't want to spend too much, but I do want a card that can handle 2 large 1080p displays playing Blu-ray quality video without working too hard. I'm very computer savvy, but I'll admit that graphics cards is one of the few categories that I ought to do some more research on. I just thought I'd post on here and maybe get some suggestions.



Thanks in advance for your answers.|||Hello,



Very nice post on what you want and need to do, so I have provided a link from Tom's Hardware that covers various graphical solutions for your reading @ http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/graph…



I do not know your location, but here is a an online price reference which you can use to "discuss" prices with a local vendor, else use the link vendors from this site called PriceWatch @ http://www.pricewatch.com/video_cards/

Many of them will also have toll free numbers if you even want to call them to verify a price, shipping or billing questions.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿