2012年4月26日木曜日

How can I hook up two HDMI monitors? Why are there no video cards with two HDMI ports?

Would I need to get two videocards with one single HDMI output? or can I just use a DVI to HDMI crossover cable and that will just work with no special configuration?



This is assuming that I have a video card with one HDMI output and one DVI output.



What exactly is eyeinfinity and what does it have to do with multiple monitors?|||The reason why video cards with HDMI have one DVI port and one HDMI port is because HDMI is actually limited in resolution-- HDMI is single-link DVI video, which goes up to only 1920x1200 resolution.



The DVI port on the video card would usually be a dual-link DVI port, which can go up to 2560x1600 resolution.



Personally, I wouldn't buy a video card with just two HDMI ports and nothing else.. I like having at least one port capable of resolutions higher than 1920x1200.



HDMI is single-link DVI only because high-definition media like broadcast HD television programming and Blu-Ray discs top out at 1080p (that's 1920x1080 resolution).|||Two video cards is the only way to go right now.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿